New Patient Registration

Any resident living in our practice area may apply to become a patient. You will need to fill out a purple registration form and a practice application form which can be picked up from Mount surgery or New Inn Medical Centre or downloaded from the above "Registering Online" tab.

It is important to tell us your previous address, GP and unique NHS number. We will also need proof of identity and address. You can provide us with a passport, medical card, drivers licence and a recent utility bill.

Once the forms are completed you will need to hand them into a receptionist who will verify your proof of identify. We will ask you to make an appointment for a new patient check if you are taking regular medication etc or suffer from a chronic disease. This is so we can get a background and history on you and to run some simple tests, i.e. blood pressure for our medical records.

Guide to GP Services

The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them.  You can download the guide below.


Temporary Registration

If you are ill while away from home or if you are not registered with a doctor but need to see one you can receive emergency treatment from the local GP practice for 14 days. After 14 days you will need to register as a temporary or permanent patient.

You can be registered as a temporary patient for up to three months. This will allow you to be on the local practice list and still remain a patient of your permanent GP. After three months you will have to re-register as a temporary patient or permanently register with that practice.

To register as a temporary patient simply contact the local practice you wish to use. Practices do not have to accept you as a temporary patient although they do have an obligation to offer emergency treatment. You cannot register as a temporary patient at a practice in the town or area where you are already registered.

Temporary Resident form


Change of Name, Address or Telephone Number

Please notify us of a change of your address or name. Unless you do this, the Aneurin Bevan Health Board (Torfaen Locality) may remove your name from our list of patients.

We also need to register newborn babies as soon as possible. Please do this as soon as possible as the Practice will not know that you wish the child to be registered with us until you complete the required paperwork. We are not allowed to assume that because a child has been born into a household that is within our catchment area, that the parent / guardian wishes to register the child with the same surgery. This is not always the case.

Please note that if you awaiting an appointment from a local hospital, please inform the hospital of your change of address.

We no longer accept who live in Cwmbran.




NHS WalesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website