The purpose of our newsletter is to keep you informed of what is happening at The Mount Surgery and to bring you key information about your surgery, your general health and the services available to you.
We welcome all feedback you have about our Newsletter as well as any ideas you may have for topics you would like included in future editions. If you sign up to receive our Newsletters you will be notified each time a newsletter is published.
Free Virtual Courses Wellbeing Courses
Your local EPP Cymru area are currently delivering the following courses across Gwent via Zoom:
- Living with Chronic Pain – 2:00 hour sessions over 6 weeks
- Living with Long Term Health Conditions – 1.5 hour sessions over 6 weeks
- Living Well with Diabetes – 2:00 hour sessions over 6 weeks
- Cancer - ‘Thriving and Surviving’ – 2:00 hour sessions over 6 weeks
- Stance Diabetic Footcare - a single 1 hour and 30 mins session
- Introduction to Self-Management - a single 1 hour and 30 mins session
- Caring for Me and You- 2:00 hour session over 6 weeks
- Post Covid support dual sessions- 2:00 hour sessions twice in 1 week
- Post Covid Recovery- 2:00 hour sessions over 6 weeks
Each six-week course is accompanied by an introductory session that gives an overview of Zoom & its functions, and also introduces the participants to the Tutors & the course they will be attending. The courses will be run in groups of up to ten participants, and aims to develop the fundamentals of self-management skills for people living with a range of health conditions and also for carers.
Participants will be led through a structured course by trained Tutors (the majority of which are Volunteers), who themselves have experience of making life changes as a result of a long term health condition.
- Our EPP Cymru courses help give participants the confidence to take responsibility for their own care, whilst also encouraging them to work in partnership with health and social care professionals.
- What makes EPP Cymru special is the sharing of skills and experience with people who have to deal with the same things as each other.
- NB: EPP courses do not provide any health condition or treatment information, nor does it look at specific health needs.
All courses will be delivered virtually via Zoom, until further notice.
self referral details
Community Support Group for Patients with cancer and chronic pain see link below
Torfaen Voluntary Alliance - update on local support available for various groups - see attached file
Torfaen Voluntary Alliance update
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board are now offering a free membership voucher for 12 weekly sessions with Slimming World
FREE slimming world information ... click on icon to the left
New Menopause resource available: Menopause awareness sessions run by an advanced nurse practitioner
OAK MENOPAUSE INFORMATION
Assessing your risk for developing prostate cancer ... prostate cancer risk checker: Check your risk in 30 seconds | Prostate Cancer UK
Blue Badge Eligibility and How to Apply - click on word document below
Please find attached information relating to the Herbert Protocol and Trinity Protocols currently operating in the Gwent Police area.
* Herbert Protocol – For those people with Dementia and Alzheimer’s or with limited mental capacity
* Trinity Protocol – For those people with additional needs such as: Autism, Global Development Delay (GDD), Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) or other learning difficulties.
Registration forms for both of the protocols can be obtained via email: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>
Please could we ask you to share this information with colleagues, partners, parents/carers and any support groups you may have etc to try and encourage people who live in the Gwent Police area to register themselves or their loved ones in the event they should go missing or come into contact with our officers. The information can be provided to police officers and staff to help and support the individual and save valuable time should the need arise.
Herbert Protocol … click on the word document icon link to the left to access the Herbert Protocol please.
BOOK YOUR FREE FLU VACCINATION NOW
The following groups of people can have a free flu vaccine with us this year:
over 65yrs old; pregnant; living in a long stay care home or other long stay care facility; children aged 2-3 years; those in an at risk group at high risk for coronavirus (ie was on the government shielding list) or living with someone who is at high risk; have certain medical conditions - eg asthma, COPD, heart disease, diabetes, obesity, cancer, chronic kidney or liver disease, stroke, chronic neurological conditions, weakened immune system, spleen problems or have no spleen, learning disabilityIf you are not sure if you qualify please ask us